Stockport Town Hall Wurlitzer
Wurlitzer 4/20 – Originally installed in the Paramount Theatre, Manchester in 1934.
Following the closure of the Theatre in 1975, the Lancastrian Theatre Organ Trust successfully acquired the organ and installed it in the Free Trade Hall, Manchester, opening in 1977.
The Free Trade Hall closed for redevelopment and the organ was again on the move – This time to the ballroom of Stockport Town Hall where it was opened in 1999.
The organ is used regularly and is acknowledged as one of the finest installation world wide.